I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to an amazing person and author who helped me out at the RARE 2018 Convention that I went to in London, UK this year, J. Thompson.
Make sure to scroll down to read the interview questions she answered and more from her.
Hugs and Happy Reading to you all!
Evangeline : )
J. Thompson is an indie writer of fantasy fiction and paranormal romance, and a major fan of procrastination. Jenn has always loved history, so using her wild imagination and tying in her love of history and fantasy, she began a new adventure into the world of words. Weaving romance into old worlds and giving life to her mythical inspired novels is what Jenn does best, and she has a lot more planned in the future, including some hard assed demons.
When she isn’t bent over her laptop with the crazy writer eyes, you will find Jenn making jewelry, cross stitching and it doing paper crafts. Jenn is also a fitness lover and enjoys working out with her husband, either at the gym or at Caveman Training.
J Thompson is a passionate, if a little nuts, author who believes wholeheartedly that people are good and that everyone deserves romance – even Hades.
Find J. Thompson at:
- Website: http://www.soulmatenovels.com/
- Newsletter: http://www.soulmatenovels.com/newsletter.htm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JThompsonSoulMateNovels/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoulMateNovels
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennthomo/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13920382.J_Thompson
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00Y3NQBYY
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/r-j-thompsonhttps://www.bookbub.com/authors/r-j-thompson
- What inspired you to begin writing? And when did you first start putting your stories down on paper or on your computer screen?
I’ve always loved to read, and eight years ago I discovered roleplay characters on Twitter. It wasn’t long before I was joining in with the many great writers there. My main character was the awesome Kaderin the Cold from the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. After that, I slowly gained the confidence to, as you say, put words down on paper. Thanks to the constant pushing and support of a close friend, SoulKiss, my debut novel, became a reality.
- You write different series with multiple paranormal elements in them. Do you have a favorite series–one you keep returning back to? Or do you just write whatever series you are interested in at the moment?
I usually write the stories of whichever characters are talking to me the loudest. Sometimes they play hard to get and don’t talk for a while, and some won’t shut up!
- Were you always interested in the PNR genre? Do you have any favorite TV shows or movies that inspire you?
I have always loved PNR. It is my go-to genre, along with some Sci Fi. I adore fantasy movies, especially Lord of the Rings, Willow, and Labyrinth.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Believe in yourself and go for it. The only person that can hold you back is you. So if you want it, go get it.
- What do you feel has been the most challenging thing you’ve encountered as a writer?
Routine. I have a lot of hobbies and still work full-time, so trying to fit everything in and still give my stories the time and effort they deserve has been challenging. However, I am very lucky in that my husband is super supportive.
- Do you ever read your reviews? If so, how do you deal with negativity when you get a bad one?
Yes, I do. I’m a sod for it. But since I first published Soulkiss, I like to think I have grown a thicker skin and can deal with them better. My time spent in the corner, rocking, has certainly lessened. Hehe.
- What is your current release? Give me all the juicy details, and I want a tasty excerpt too!
At present I am working on multiple projects: another co-write with the amazing Mina Carter, as well as her Kindle Worlds story.
I am also working on Dark Need, book two in the Dark Desire series. This story looks at Dominic, the leader of the Succubi Enforcers’ Alpha team. He’s about to meet his match in Constance, she’s spunky and fearless but with a softer side that every girl can relate to. Plus, he’s a total hottie, which never hurts!
Addicted to Desire, Tainted by Love
Abandoned as a baby, Constance has spent all her life alone, surviving from day-to-day and dealing with her ever-increasing hunger. Since the age of 18 she has fought the need for sex, until she can’t take it anymore and finally relinquishes her innocence. Five years on, she spends her weekdays as an office clerk in Hackney, London, and her weekends searching for nameless hook-ups in the hope they will quench her unrelenting desires and her body’s constant need. A freak accident sets her on a course that changes her life completely, but finally reveals who she truly is.
An enforcer for his kind, Dominic’s job is to protect Succubi’s from other immortal races and hide them from the humans. His job simple, until a rogue female hits his radar and sets off every protective instinct he has. He can’t help but find her body alluring, releasing a desire he is not ready for. But Dominic’s life is turned upside down when her soul calls to him, sealing a bond that is forbidden.